- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cashews and raisins and cook until golden and puffed up respectively. Spoon out of the oil and place on kitchen roll.
- Add the spices from the whole spice sachet into the pan and sizzle for 20 seconds. Add the chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the contents of the base and main sauce from the pouches and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, another 5-6 minutes or so.
- Massage the rice in the pouch to break up any lumps. Layer the rice evenly on top of the ‘curry’ and spoon over the cashews, raisins and saffron milk (if using).
- Cover and steam over the lowest heat for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Serve as it is or garnished with the crispy onions and coriander.
Simmer a good pinch of saffron strands in 4 tbsp of milk and reduce by half. Spoon over the rice.
Crispy fried Onions:
Heat 3.5cm of oil in a medium frying pan. Add your onions and fry them over a moderate heat until they are golden. Keep moving them around in the pan so they colour evenly. Take out with a spoon and place on kitchen roll.